The value of a property manager has risen sharply in recent years with the realisation within the real estate industry of how vital a good property manager actually is. The main reason being the emphasis and importance of a well managed rent roll which is the heart of a property management business.
And being a property manager, the most effective way to manage those all-important rent rolls is with a top notch piece of property management software.
Selecting the right property management software to manage one of your businesses most valuable assets is probably the most important decision you’ll make.
Server based Vs Cloud based software
So what is the difference?
Before the age of digital all real estate businesses had the traditional server based software running their business. This was and still is for many the physical presence of a computer or laptop sitting in their office with a typical property management software installed on it.
This makes managing your business outside of the office impossible. Think about if a tenant or owner emailed you asking for some important information, unless you knew the answer off the top of your head, you simply wouldn’t be able to give them the requested details until you were back in the office. This could be an issue especially if you spend most of your time on the road, you simply would not be able to provide the kind of service your client expects.
While cloud-based software is somewhat new to property management, it is standard practice for most of us in everyday life. Property Tree is Australia’s first true cloud based property management tool and the most widely used across Australia and New Zealand. Your tenants and owners - like you - shop online, bank online, and search for information online. As a property manager, much of your day is probably spent outside the office juggling tasks like property viewings, organising maintenance jobs, bank visits and book balancing (to name a few!). Software that is cloud-based enables you to access your data and work from anywhere at any time from any device – all you need is an internet connection.
Some other benefits of cloud-based property management software, like PropertyTree, include:
- Reductions in costs: Say goodbye to costly admin fees, IT maintenance/installations, and disruption to working days
or weekends due to software upgrades
- Real-time information: A snap shot of your current businesses situation 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Flexibility: Access your information at any time of the day from wherever you are in the world
Will it provide your tenants and landlords with superior service?
We know what you’re probably thinking: how can technology like property management software provide my clients with excellent service in an industry that’s built on people and relationships?
Make no mistake, property management software cannot replace the service and expertise that property managers provide to customers. Instead, consider the software as your personal assistant that takes care of the mundane, time-consuming tasks, leaving you with the time and freedom to:
- Grow your rent roll
- Nurture and strengthen your relationships with current clients
- Provide your tenants and landlords with information at any time from wherever you are
Will it grow your business?
Growing a business requires energy, time, and a lot of dedication and this is what the right property management software should be able to provide you with, whilst ensuring your business operates at optimum efficiency. When used to its full potential, your property management software should:
- Give you back the time to expand your property portfolio and increase your bottom line through leveraging power of automated workflows and communication.
- Improve your businesses profitability through the streamlining of processes and tasks.
- Improve your client happiness and loyalty by providing them with up to date records and information at the click of a button, giving you more time to best service them no matter where you are or when it is.
Your next move?
We feel you can’t look beyond a true cloud based property management product and being the leader in this field and a cost effective piece of software for any size company, big or small, PropertyTree is the best choice to make.
If you are interested in discovering more about Property Tree, you can visit our Features page.