Transforming the interior of your home, either for sale or simply for your own pleasure, can be easy, inexpensive and well worth the effort. By following these simple styling tips, you can rejuvenate your home and make an instant and lasting impression:
When less is so much more
Declutter your home and simplify the overall look. Pack away ornaments and knickknacks, and reorganise overcrowded bookshelves. Remove excess furniture, decorative pieces and heavy drapes. Stow away everyday items, such as kitchen clutter or children’s toys.
Try to incorporate one fabulous piece in each space, as a focal point, perhaps a beautifully upholstered lounge or armchair or an amazing piece of art. A less cluttered space is immediately appealing: light, spacious and more relaxing on the eye.
Neutral is best
A fresh coat of paint does wonders for a home’s interior. One neutral tone for the walls throughout offers a sense of space and flow, as well as a versatile backdrop that won’t easily date.
Try and add pops of colour through furniture pieces, artwork and soft furnishings, items that can be more easily replaced as seasons or personal taste change.
A clean and neutral background is also more attractive to potential buyers, as it offers the freedom to add a personal touch.
Brighten it up
- Carefully chosen accessories and soft furnishings can really lift a space, adding interest, warmth and glamour. Breathe life and vibrancy into your space through the following:
- Cushions and throws - these add a splash of colour and eclectic style to a lounge or bedroom
- A vase of fresh flowers or a potted palm - a simple and inexpensive way to create instant appeal
- Mirrors - not only do they add a touch of glamour to a room, they also reflect the light and create a sense of visual space, and
- Rugs - they can re-energise tired flooring, adding eye-catching colour or texture to a space.